Thursday, August 28, 2014

How to do special effects make-up

Hi guys. So I decided to try out some special effects make-up, but I didn't have any high end make-up stuff like liquid latex or spirit glue, so I improvised. This is what two of the looks I did ended up looking like.


As I said before I had to improvise for materials, so I used  fake blood recipe that i found online (it's made mostly of chocolate sauce, yumm!), toilet paper, Elmers glue and my normal everyday make-up. Now you're probably thinking: What?!? You'd have to be insane to put that stuff on your face, it'll never come off; but let me tell you a little secret, it comes off very easily with lotion.

So, what you do is find an area on your face where you want to have the fake skin, put a thin layer of glue on, place a bit of toilet paper on top of the glue, then let the toilet paper dry (but not all the way), then you repeat those steps adding toilet paper and glue layers on. This doesn't look very much like skin when you apply it, so you are going to have to put on base and powder, in your skin tone, all over your face in order to blend in the toilet paper with the color of your skin.
Now for the fun part! You get to rip up your fake skin, I recommend using something like a bobby pin or a thumb tack to start the tear, as your fingers won't do much good. If the toilet paper is so wet that it's not holding shape, then stop and wait for it to dry a bit more, but on the other hand you don't want the toilet paper to be so dry that it just breaks when you rip it. 
Then you can decorate your torn skin with whatever you want, fake blood, red make-up, needle and thread (to make it look like your sewing yourself up), etc. After your finished with that you can go and scare your family and friends :)

Anyways, I had a really great time doing this, so my advice is to go ahead and try it out. Also, if you have any questions about how to do this please leave a comment with your question, and I will answer it.

Now for the quote:






No comments:

Post a Comment